In summer, watermelon diet is ideal for weight loss. It is effective, easy to perform, and almost everyone loves the sweet taste of fragrant pulp. There are thousands of rave reviews with impressive results on diet. This is confirmed by previous and subsequent photos, as some lose a few pounds. Losing weight in such an unusual way will not be monotonous and boring if you prepare a properly balanced menu for yourself every day.
Benefits of watermelon for weight loss
Watermelon is a real storehouse of trace elements. Juicy sweet pulp contains a large number of mineral compounds (phosphorus, potassium, sodium, iron) and vitamins of groups A, B, E, PP, C. In terms of calories, fruit is considered a diet: no more than 100 g. More than 40 kcal. At the same time, the sugars in the pulp are completely processed by the body and are not stored in fat. This is one of the main reasons why watermelon is so popular among people who are losing weight. In addition to such a miraculous feature, weight loss occurs for several other reasons:
- most of the pulp is occupied by water (about 85-90%), containing soluble minerals and vitamins;
- Excess fluid, which is stagnant in the body due to its diuretic ability, is actively released, thereby reducing body weight;
- removes liquid toxins, toxins and other harmful compounds;
- improves cell metabolism due to folic acid in the pulp;
- The feeling of satiety is quickly visible due to the sweet taste.
The glycemic index of watermelon is 72 units, and 100 g of pulp contains only 5. 8 g of carbohydrates.
Principles of diet
Due to the above abilities, watermelon has found application in losing weight quickly. Based on this, diets for 3, 5, 10 days were prepared. Dietitians recommend fasting once or twice a week, which helps to lose a few pounds before an important event. If you want to achieve more radical changes in weight, then you will need to follow a certain diet for at least a week. When the desired result is achieved, you should gradually and properly abandon the watermelon diet to avoid weight gain.
The main principle of the watermelon diet is a diuretic effect. Daily fluid loss is 1-2 liters. You can lose 1-1. 5 kg every day, depending on your initial body weight, level of physical activity and lifestyle. However, do not forget that weight loss with watermelon is a mono-diet, that is, you can feel weakness, a little dizziness and drowsiness during the day. If the condition worsens every day and you feel that you do not have enough strength, but there is no increase in energy, you should stop losing weight.
Prohibited and permitted products
In addition to watermelon, other foods listed can be included in the daily diet:
- fresh and boiled vegetables;
- low-fat fermented dairy products;
- lean fish;
- lean red meat;
- chicken breast, turkey;
- fruits, mostly sugar-free;
- chicken and quail eggs;
- whole wheat bread;
- points (in small quantities).
Dietitians recommend avoiding forbidden foods:
- sausage, smoked meat;
- Canned food;
- fast food products (hot dogs, pizza, hamburgers, noodles);
- milk chocolate;
- carbonated drinks;
- compotes, fruit drinks;
- bread and white bread.
The diet should be different, then you will feel great, there will be no malfunctions. You should consume about 1300-1500 kcal every day.
Watermelon Dietary Rules
Weight loss will be effective if you take into account several factors and follow them perfectly:
- Remember to add protein to your daily diet. They will help maintain a feeling of satiety for a long time and the energy supply will be replenished;
- Drink at least 1, 5 liters of clean water. You can drink green tea or non-mineral water;
- Avoid harmful things: fast food, sweets are now forbidden for you;
- Avoid drinking alcohol. Weight loss will be followed by fatigue and constant tiredness. Any beverage containing alcohol, even in low concentrations, can lead to increased hunger and dehydration;
- The maximum weight loss period in the watermelon diet should not exceed 10 days. Then you should take a short break for about a month. You can continue eating after the break.
The result of the watermelon diet can be between 2 and 6 kg in 7-10 days of use. In addition to the obtained harmony and the appearance of lightness in the body, you will be able to save money, because in the summer season, sweet fruits are sold at every step and are cheap.
On a note! One of the disadvantages of the watermelon diet is the lack of fat and protein.
Get out of the diet
You need to leave it carefully so that the positive effects of the watermelon diet last as long as possible. Food restriction arouses a strong appetite and a desire for forbidden foods. But here it is necessary to show perseverance and not to resist the temptation. The advice of dietitians will help you to prevent breakdowns and keep your figure in order:
- gradually return to the usual diet, slightly increase the size of the portion;
- In the first days, eat grains boiled in water with the addition of 2. 5% fat and kefir;
- include bean paste and grains in your diet;
- increase the number of meals 6-7 times.
But there is nothing to do - jump on sweets, bread and other harmful products. Not only will you ruin the result, but you will also get upset stomach.
You can follow the watermelon diet only when you are sure of your health and do not cause discomfort. If you have the following problems, you can not limit yourself to nutrition:
- kidney stones;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- diseases of the pancreas;
- liver disorders;
- heart disease;
- swelling of the limbs and soft tissues.
The diuretic effect and the ability to increase blood sugar make watermelon diet harmful for a certain category of people. You can't lose weight this way for teenagers and children, as well as athletes and adults. Doctors do not recommend experimenting with a figure, especially if you are in a position in the later stages or are breastfeeding. Wait until the birth and breastfeeding phase is over, and then you can start losing weight.
Opinions and advice of nutritionists
- "If you regularly have problems with the digestive system, then such a diet will only give you a lot of worries: constipation, bloating and stomach pain will occur more often. To exclude such negative consequences, do not engage in amateur activities, but consult your doctor. Most diseases continue without symptoms in the early stages, and a watermelon diet can make them worse. Stop losing weight for any discomfort and see a therapist.
- "I can't say that watermelon diet is healthy and gives amazing results. Any weight loss, especially acute, is stressful for the body. In addition to losing weight, there are a number of health problems, sometimes serious problems. My advice, if you decide to try to lose weight this way, dietTry it as much as possible. Add vegetables, grains, cereals, white and red meat, exclude refined sugars and other useless light carbohydrates. Reduce portion size and exercise. These simple tips will have a positive effect on body weight and you will immediately feel how you lost weight. will do.
Dietary options for watermelon
If you have no contraindications and are mentally ready to lose weight with a watermelon diet, then first of all choose the right staple - ripe watermelon. Only take in safe places and rinse thoroughly before use. Nutrients and vitamins are found only in ripe fruits grown naturally, without the use of chemical fertilizers. There are 3 ways to lose weight: the express method for 3 days, a weekly diet and a 10-day option.
The most common and easy way to lose weight is to sit on a watermelon diet for 3 days. It is not difficult at all and losing weight will be 2-3 kg. You need to eat about 5-7 kg of watermelon pulp per day. The norm is calculated based on your initial weight: you need 1 kg of pulp for every 10 kg. For example, your weight is 60 kg, ie you need to eat 6 kg of watermelon every day. In addition, the following should be included in your diet:
- breakfast: oatmeal boiled in water, a slice of whole grain bread, a cup of tea;
- dinner: 150 g of boiled chicken breast, a plate of vegetable salad;
- Dinner: 150 g of low-fat cottage cheese.
Eat watermelon about an hour before meals. This will help fight hunger, so you will be satisfied with less food during lunch or dinner.
Attention! The last meal should be no later than 4 hours before bedtime. Do not eat watermelon at night: you will not be able to sleep well and your whole face will swell until the morning.
Watermelon diet for 7 days, designed for each day
If you want to achieve significant weight loss, then the weekly options offered in Table 1 are suitable for you.
|a||A plate of oatmeal, soft-boiled chicken eggs||Low-fat cottage cheese with 200 g of fruit||Tomato, cucumber salad - 150 g, 100 g of boiled chicken breast|
|2||cottage cheese casserole - 150 g||120 g of boiled beef with 200 ml of broth||Vegetable soup - a plate, a slice of whole grain bread|
|3||2 hard boiled chicken eggs||Steamed fish with 150 g of fresh vegetable garnish||Chicken broth - 150 ml|
|4||150 g of low-fat cottage cheese||2 slices whole grain bread with cheese||Soft-boiled eggs|
|five||A plate of buckwheat porridge with apples||130 g of steamed chicken fillet||Fruit salad with yogurt - 200 g|
|6||Rice porridge boiled in water -150 g||Baked fish - 150 g||200 g of low-fat cottage cheese|
|7||oatmeal over water||2 hard boiled chicken eggs||A few slices of whole grain bread with cheese|
You need to eat a few watermelons before and during each meal. The daily norm is 5 kg, divide this amount evenly per day. Drinks are allowed to drink no more than a few cups a day of sugar-free and milk-free natural black coffee or green tea.
Within 10 days
If you want, you can increase the watermelon diet for 10 days, but only if you feel great and have no health complaints. The menu completely coincides with the diet for the weekly selection, you can replace the products if you wish, but with similar calories. If you follow the described scheme and eat 4-5 kg of watermelon every day for 10 days, you will be able to get rid of 6-8 kg over time.
Attention! Reduce physical activity with a 10-day watermelon diet, otherwise you run the risk of "overloading" the body.
Results and reviews with photos of weight loss
- "In the summer, I decided to try a watermelon diet. Homemade sweet fruits are fresh in the garden. Generally, I ate a small watermelon (weight 4-5 kg) all week, but I ate vegetable salads and boiled chicken. The last time I ate dinner was at 7 pm. A week later I went to the scales and was pleasantly surprised. I managed to lose almost 7 kg in 7 days. I decided to lose weight with watermelon every summer, I liked it.
- "The problem of excess weight worries me regularly, so I'm always looking for suitable ways to lose weight. I came across a watermelon diet, it seemed easy to me. I chose the 10-day option. At first I liked everything: sweet pulp suppresses appetite, quenches thirst. By this time, the watermelons were already full, I did not want to eat them. He had difficulty with 10 days, took measurements. I managed to lose 6 kg in such a short time. I was satisfied with the result, but next time I will choose 3 or 7 days. "